Warmer weather has arrived, and it’s time to fire up the grill. Did you know that using the grill is more efficient than using the stovetop or oven? Not only are you saving energy in the kitchen, but you’re also not adding extra heat to your house. It’s a win-win. Most importantly, it’s delicious!
I hope the all-American hot dog (with a twist) was as big a hit at your house as it is at mine. Next up, stuffed hamburgers. If you prefer, you can use turkey, chicken or veggies as well. There are so many options. Stuffed burgers offer a variety that will keep your family satisfied and never bored.
Preheat the grill and season the meat to your taste. Today I’m using a dash of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and half of a small sweet onion, chopped.
Portion out each burger and then divide each portion in half.
Flatten each half into a thin burger patty. Roll the edges up on one half to resemble a small pie crust.
Place your favorite goodies in the half with the rolled edge, and then place the other half of your meat on top. Seal the burger shut. For this recipe, I used microwave-cooked bacon and cheddar cheese.
Cook through and enjoy the ooey-gooey deliciousness.
- Bacon and cheddar cheese. Be sure to cook the bacon and let it cool before stuffing the burger.
- Mozzarella cheese, basil and fresh tomato slices.
- Jalapeno peppers and mozzarella cheese.
- Spinach and artichoke dip for a turkey or chicken burger.
- Provolone cheese, peppers and onions.
- Mushroom, onion and Swiss cheese.
- Pepper Jack cheese.
- Barbeque sauce and cheddar cheese.
- Cooked macaroni and cheese.
- Marinara and mozzarella cheese.
- Spinach and feta cheese.
- Inside out chicken cord au bleu. (Stuff a chicken burger with ham and cheese.)
- Blue cheese and bacon.