Each year, the THINK! ENERGY with E-power Bright Ideas Energy Efficiency Student Poster Contest leaves us with smiles on our faces.
We’re happy that so many students are learning about using energy wisely and equally proud of all the creativity expressed in the more than 1,400 entries. The contest, which ended just before Thanksgiving, was open to students in grades K-8 in schools in our service territory.
Grand-prize winners in the three categories received $500 and the teachers of those winners received a $500 classroom grant. The three finalists in each category received $200. In addition, we contributed $100 toward a pizza or ice cream party for the classes of the grand prize winners and the finalists.
The grand-prize winners:
- Grades K-2: Kamaira, second grade, Susquenita Elementary School. Her teacher is Mrs. Harner.
- Grades 3-5: Katherine, fifth grade, Greenwood Elementary School. Her teacher is Mr. Smith.
- Grades 6-8: Shannon, eighth grade, Abington Heights Middle School. Her teacher is Mrs. Nocera.
The honorable mention winners:
- Smrithi, second grade, Hanover Elementary School. Teacher: Mrs. Ronyack.
- John, first grade, Turbotville Elementary School. Teacher: Mrs. Zettlemoyer.
- Malena, second grade, Asa Packer Elementary School. Teacher: Mrs. Mager.
- Mariah, fourth grade, Tobyhanna Elementary School. Teacher: Mrs. Campbell.
- Giana, third grade, Donegan Elementary School. Teacher: Mrs. Fontanez.
- Mason, fourth grade, Stroudsburg Intermediate Elementary. Teacher: Mr. Schubert.
- Shantel, sixth grade, Farmdale Elementary School. Teacher: Mr. Chronister.
- Riley, eighth grade, Crestwood Middle School. Teacher: Mrs. Kellner.
- Andrew, eighth grade, St. Ambrose School. Teacher: Ms. Reynolds.