If you think slow cookers are just for making soups, think again. Slow cookers are incredibly versatile and have the ability to make appetizers, entrees and even desserts!
My family loves taco night and I’m tackling Taco Tuesday with my slow cooker. I look forward to this delicious no-hassle recipe. An added bonus: using the slow cooker means there is only one item to clean up.
What you need:
- 3 Tablespoons of taco seasoning, to taste.
- 1 cup chicken broth.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- 2 bell peppers. I use red and yellow, but you can use green or whatever color you prefer.
- Taco shells (hard or soft)
- Your favorite toppings (shredded cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, refried beans, jalapeños, guacamole.
How to make it:
- Dissolve taco seasoning by stirring it into the chicken broth.
- Place the chicken breasts into the crock pot and combine all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the meat into bite-sized pieces. You can use tongs, a fork or a spoon. The meat will be so tender that it will fall apart.
- Serve in a tortilla or taco shell along with your favorite toppings. I serve mine with tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, shredded cheddar, guacamole and jalapeños.