After days of discussion and anticipation, the mid-Atlantic winter storm has finally arrived.
And, after days of planning and preparation, our employees are swinging into action to respond to any outages and restore customers to service.
The storm is expected to bring heavy snow and gusty winds to much of our service territory, starting Friday night and continuing into Saturday night. We will work around the clock to limit the storm’s impact on our customers as much as possible, and will keep you updated on how that work is progressing.
We relied on experience and established storm plans to guide our preparation for this storm. We also prepare for storms year-round by trimming trees, upgrading old lines with stronger poles and wires, and installing smart grid technology that can reroute power around some outages. We expect all those steps to help as we respond to this event.
As you ride the storm out, keep these safety and assistance tips in mind:
– Stay away from downed lines, and keep children and pets away as well. Report downed lines promptly by calling 1-800-DIAL-PPL (342-5775).
– Also, please report any outages by calling 1-800-DIAL-PPL or going online at pplelectric.com/outage. (Do not report outages by dialing 911.)
– Always run generators in well-ventilated outdoor areas – never inside a home or garage.
– Check in on elderly or vulnerable neighbors.
– Use flashlights for light if needed, rather than candles. If you must use candles, never leave them unattended.
Our outage map at pplelectric.com/outage includes information on individual outages when it is available, such as outage cause and restoration progress.