As part of our You Ask, We Answer campaign, we’re answering some of the most frequent questions we get from customers. Here’s one about starting service:

What types of ID do you accept when starting service?

When providing proof of ID to start service, we require one type of picture ID, as well as any other type of ID that includes your name.

However, we ask that you not send us a copy of these documents. Instead, when you call us to start service, we’ll send you a form. You’ll need to take your IDs and the form to a notary public, who will notarize the form. You can then send the form to us to begin service.

These are some acceptable types of ID to bring to the notary:

  • A driver’s license (either from Pennsylvania or another state)
  • Welfare identification
  • Employment identification
  • Student identification
  • Military identification
  • Passport