Nov. 28 marked Giving Tuesday, kicking off the charitable season when many people focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
- Clothing drives for working women held in the Lehigh Valley by the POWER Network, PPL’s employee group supporting and encouraging women in the workplace (clothing dropoff pictured at right)
- A coats and winter essentials drive in the Hazleton area
- A toy drive for children and teens in the Scranton area
- A bicycle donation drive in the Harrisburg and Lancaster area
- Operation Christmas Child throughout the company. (This is a program in which volunteers pack small boxes of gifts to be sent to children worldwide.)
- A Tree of Delights gift program for students at Cleveland Elementary School in Allentown, and a winter coat drive
- A toy drive and holiday party for the children served by Casa Guadalupe in Allentown, hosted by LEAD, PPL’s employee group supporting and celebrating employees of Latino heritage
Commitment to the community is at the core of our values. Last year PPL employees in Pennsylvania volunteered more than 15,000 hours. They coached youth sports or built homes for Habitat for Humanity, assisted homeless veterans or mentored science fair teams, and served on hundreds of boards throughout central and eastern Pennsylvania.
In addition, the company contributes more than $4 million annually to hundreds of organizations through grants and sponsorships to support nonprofit organizations throughout our service territory.