We expect to make substantial progress Tuesday (3/6) in restoring power to customers who still have outages following last week’s storm. We also urge customers to stay safe during Winter Storm Quinn, which is forecast to bring heavy, wet snow to our service area Wednesday (3/7).
Our force of repair workers – already at 1,800 linemen, tree crews and damage assessors – continues to expand with the arrival of new crews from other utilities. (Pictured below: Crews from outside our area work in Monroe County on Tuesday.)
“We continue to focus all of our efforts on restoring power to customers who remain without service following Winter Storm Riley,” said Stephanie Raymond, vice president, Distribution Operations. “We’re working around the clock, as quickly and safely as possible, to bring all customers back into service.
“We are tracking Winter Storm Quinn, which is predicted to hit our service area Wednesday. We will respond to any outages it causes,” Raymond added. “We will keep the current expanded staffing in our service area.”
We urge customers to be ready and stay safe during the upcoming winter storm:
- Charge phones and other personal devices in advance of the storm.
- Always stay away from any downed lines, keep kids and pets away from them and report fallen wires immediately by calling 1-800-DIAL-PPL.
- If you have to run a generator, make sure you run it outdoors in a well-ventilated area — never indoors or in a garage.
- If needed, use flashlights, not candles, to reduce fire risk.
- Restrict travel during the storm as much as possible.
- If you have an outage at home, unplug sensitive electronics, as well as ovens or space heaters that were on at the time of the outage.
- If you have special personal or medical needs, have a plan for what action you will take in case of a power outage.
- Shovel snow carefully. It’s expected to be heavy.
About 239,000 customers have been restored since the start of Winter Storm Riley.
Customers receive updated restoration times when crews arrive to make repairs.
The best way to stay up to date on your outage is by signing up for PPL Alerts at www.pplelectric.com/alerts. Restoration progress can be followed though our outage center at pplelectric.com/outage.