We know how hectic the holidays can be, so that’s why we’re here to provide you with the easiest insights to save money and celebrate with loved ones. From all of us at PPL Electric Utilities, we want to wish you and your family a happy holiday, filled with peace, love and light. Now let’s get ready for some holiday fun!
Get Your Home Ready for Guests with Simple Energy Efficiency Holiday Tips
1. Air filters: Get your air ready for a full house. Check your filter during heavy-use months to prevent it from working overtime, as slow airflow wastes energy.
2. Lights out: Install LEDs on high-use fixtures, put timers on your lights and decorations or set up an occupancy sensor for additional savings.
3. Use a water heater blanket: If you’re hosting extra guests around the holidays and have an older water heater, add a water heater blanket to increase its energy efficiency.
4. In-home audit: Energy usage can spike around the holidays in order to accommodate holiday celebrations, decorations and house guests. So, it’s a great time to plan an in-home energy audit—you’ll get a custom analysis of your home’s energy usage and tailored advice on how to save energy and money.
5. Smart power strips: Reduce costs and help everyone in your home plug in electronics, lights and more.
6. Upgrade your refrigerator: Get more room to store your feast with a new, more efficient fridge and schedule a FREE pickup of the old one. You could receive a $50 rebate for a new ENERGY STAR® refrigerator, and we’ll also mail you a check for $50 for recycling the old one.
Gift Yourself and Others Energy-Efficient Tech
Our PPL Marketplace offers energy-efficient products that make for the perfect presents. Shop smart thermostats, lighting and more. With our helpful buyer’s guide, you’ll find what you need easily in time for the holidays.