811 Safety Days coming to Lehigh Valley
If you do any kind of excavation work as part of a business or at home, you won’t want to miss PA Safety Days events that Pennsylvania One Call System, Inc., is hosting across the state this year, to celebrate its 50th anniversary.
Beginning with Eastern Safety Day at Agri-Plex’s Bill Harris Agricultural Hall, 302 North 17th Street in Allentown on May 17, 2022, the free events provide a chance for excavation professionals, public officials, and others to learn about safe digging practices and promote the protection of critical underground utilities.
We are a proud sponsor of these free events, which have drawn an estimated 28,000 people since 2006.
You can register and learn more about the following events online at pa1call.org/SafetyDay.
- May 17: Agri-Plex’s Bill Harris Agricultural Hall, Allentown Fairgrounds, 302 N. 17th St., Allentown, PA.
- May 19: Drexelbrook Conference Center, 4700 Drexelbrook Dr., Drexel Hill, PA.
- June 7: Monroeville Convention Center, 209 Mall Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA.
- June 16: York Expo Center, Mid-Atlantic Industrial East and West, 334 Carlisle Ave., York, PA.
- August 11: Mohegan Sun Pocono, 1280 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- Sept. 20: Bayfront Convention Center, 1 Sassafras Pier, Erie, PA.
- Sept. 22: Blair Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Dr., Altoona, PA.
The Safety Day conferences provide valuable training, networking, knowledge transfer, and continuing education, while featuring hands-on demonstrations and an opportunity for participants to learn about the latest safety practices, tools, and techniques.
Attendees typically include excavators, designers, public utilities, facility owners, project owners, municipal leaders, sewer and water authorities, public officials, emergency responders, locators, damage prevention associates, excavation professionals and homeowners.
Each host venue will follow cleaning protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Remember to contact Pennsylvania 811 a minimum of three days before you plan to dig. To learn more, please visit Pennsylvania 811 website at pa1call.org.