There are a few rules of conduct that you are required to follow when you use this Site:
- Do not “harvest” (or collect) information from this Site using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis (unless we have given you separate written permission to do so). This includes, for example, information about other users of this Site and information about the offerings, products services, and promotions available on this Site.
- Do not use automated means to access this Site, or gain unauthorized access to this Site or to any account or computer system connected to this Site.
- Do not obtain, or attempt to obtain, access to areas of this Site or our systems that are not intended for access by you.
- Do not “flood” this Site with requests or otherwise overburden, disrupt or harm this Site or its systems.
- Do not circumvent or reverse engineer this Site or its systems.
- Do not restrict or inhibit another User or Users from using and enjoying this Site.
- If you post something to this Site, such as comments or other content, do not post anything that:
– Infringes any third party intellectual property right (such as copyrights),
– Is defamatory (i.e., something that is negative and untrue about another person or entity);
– Divulges another person’s or entity’s confidential or private information or trade secret;
– Is fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, obscene or discriminatory;
– Encourages criminal conduct;
– Advertises or solicits business for products or services other than those that are offered and promoted on this Site; or
– Contains any virus, malware, spyware or other harmful content or code.
2. Nature of Services. This Site provides information on PPL services as well as other material of interest to our customers, such as enrollment forms for online registration with some of PPL’s service programs.
The contents of and all materials distributed in conjunction with this Site are Copyright © PPL Electric Utilities Corporation and/or its affiliates or licensors. All rights reserved. PPL also owns a copyright in this Site as a collective work and/or compilation, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of this Site’s content.
PPL, the PPL Logo, PPL Electric Utilities Corporation, certain parts of the preceding trademarks and names, and all other names, logos and icons identifying PPL’s products and services are proprietary marks of PPL and its affiliates, and any use in trade of such marks without the express written permission of PPL is strictly prohibited. Other product and company names mentioned on this Site may be the marks of their respective owners.
If you submit or post any materials or content to this Site, you grant us a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, assignable, sub-licensable worldwide license to use such materials and content, including alterations thereof, for our business purposes, in any form, in any media, and via any technology we choose, whether it exists now or is created in the future. You represent that any materials and content posted or otherwise submitted by you to this Site is original to you and that you have the right to grant us these rights.
4. Responsibility for Public Postings and Content. Responsibility for what is posted in public areas of our website lies with each user – you alone are responsible for the material you post or otherwise make available in public areas of our Site. You alone are responsible for assessing the credibility of other user postings. We do not control the material that you or others may post or otherwise make available in such areas, and you understand that we have no obligation to monitor any such material or to edit or delete it. However, we reserve the right do so. We are not a publisher of user posts, and we are not responsible for their accuracy or legality.
6. Site Registration and Password Policy. Use of certain portions of this Site requires both log-in information and a password. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration or log-in form, and you are responsible for keeping such information up-to-date (this includes your contact information, so that we can reliably contact you). The information you submit must describe you (you may not impersonate another person or entity), and you may not sell, share or otherwise transfer your account information.
The log-in information is your e-mail address (“User I.D.”). During the registration process for this Site, you must choose a unique sign-on password (“Password”). Each User I.D. and corresponding Password can only be used by one individual or entity. All Passwords must be kept secret. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree to be solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Password, and agree to be responsible for all activity occurring when this Site is accessed through your account, whether authorized by you or not. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your Password or account information.
As a condition of use, you must immediately notify PPL if you become aware of any loss or theft of your Password or any unauthorized use of your Password. PPL reserves the right to reset any Passwords that may have been compromised.
7. Electronic Communication. The communications between you and PPL via this Site use electronic means, whether you visit this Site or send us an e-mail, or whether we post notices on this Site or communicate with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
8. Confidentiality on Internet. Use of the Internet is solely at your own risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.Although PPL has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from this Site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, PPL is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on this Site, or the consequences of your reliance on such information. For more private communication, Users may contact PPL by telephone at the numbers listed in the “Contact Us” portion of this Site.
9. Security of Site. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of this Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. For your protection, PPL reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on this Site without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on this Site. PPL will also comply with all court orders involving requests for such information.
10. Registration Participation Limitation. When registering with PPL, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are 18 years old or older; (b) you are using your actual identity and any information you provide to PPL is accurate and complete and (c) your registration with PPL and use of this Site will not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations.
11. Copyright Infringement Notices. If you are a copyright owner who believes in good faith that your copyrighted material has been reproduced, posted or distributed on this Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please inform our designated copyright agent by sending written notice to PPL’s DMCA Copyright Agent by U.S. Mail to Kimberly Spotts-Kimmel, Two North Ninth Street, TW4, Allentown, Pennsylvania 18101; 610-774-2699 (phone) or by email to KASpotts-Kimmel@pplweb.com.
13. Events Beyond PPL’s Control. PPL will not be responsible for any loss resulting from a cause over which it does not have direct control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars or governmental restrictions.
14. DISCLAIMERS. ALTHOUGH PPL ENDEAVORS TO PROVIDE THE MOST ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION AVAILABLE, THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. MOREOVER, PPL MAY MAKE MODIFICATIONS AND/OR CHANGES IN THIS SITE OR IN THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DESCRIBED IN THIS SITE AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON.
THUS, YOU, THE USER, ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF MAKING USE OF AND/OR RELYING ON THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, PPL MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED OR CONTAINED ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL PPL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE UTILIZATION OF THIS SITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER PROPERTY), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF PPL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES IN SUCH STATES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF PPL FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE SHALL NOT EXCEED TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO PPL IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE PARTICULAR DISPUTE.
16. Contact Information. If you have questions regarding this Site or if you are interested in obtaining more information concerning PPL’s products and services, please refer to the “Contact Us” section of this Site.
PPL welcomes your feedback and suggestions about how to improve this Site. Any ideas, suggestions, information, know-how, material or any other content (collectively, “content”) received through this Site, however, will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license for PPL to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, display (in whole or part) worldwide or act on such content without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, and you waive any claim to the contrary.
24. Reservation of Rights. Any rights not expressly granted are reserved by PPL.