We’ve made saving your business money and energy even easier when you buy select energy-efficient equipment at participating distributors. PPL Electric Utilities customers can instantly save on lighting, HVAC, food service and agriculture equipment right at the point of purchase–no application or rebate forms required! Not only does the purchase of qualifying equipment save you money, but you’ll also use less energy, reducing your electric bill. Our PPL Instant Discounts Program offers multiple instant discounts on energy efficiency improvements, including:
- Lighting: Upgrade to energy-efficient ENERGY STAR® or DLC LEDs and get instant discounts—up to $85 per product.
- HVAC Equipment: Save up $900 per unit on ductless mini-split heat pumps, air source air conditioners and heat pumps and Packaged Terminal Systems.
- Food Service Equipment: Get discounts up to $4,000 per unit on eligible equipment such as combination and convection ovens, dishwashers, fryers, ice machines and more.
- Agriculture Equipment: Save up $1,000 per unit on qualifying high volume low-speed fans, ventilation fans, VSD controllers and heat reclaimers.
How to get your instant discounts Simply visit our website at pplelectric.com/instantdiscounts to see our list of eligible energy-saving equipment, FAQs, and participating distributors. When you purchase from a participating distributor, your discount is applied instantly. If you’re unsure which product or equipment is right for you, our distributors can guide you with a solution that fits your needs. Have a favorite distributor who isn’t yet participating in the PPL Instant Discounts Program? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact information and we’ll reach out to see if they’re eligible.
Hanging on to an old fridge or freezer? It may be collecting more than just dust. According to ENERGY STAR®, keeping a second fridge in your garage or basement could add up to $80 a year in unnecessary energy costs—and even more if it’s an older model.
Luckily, our $50 recycling rebate makes it easy and rewarding to say goodbye. Just schedule your free fridge or freezer pickup and we’ll come haul it away to be responsibly recycled. Plus, you can also get $10 for each working dehumidifier or room air conditioner.
With in-home and curbside pickup options, there’s no cooler way to get $50.
Benefits of recycling your fridge or freezer:
- Save space and energy.
- Reduce your carbon footprint.
- Safely dispose of hazardous materials.
- Save more than $220 in lifetime energy costs by replacing it with a new ENERGY STAR certified model.
Small appliance recycling drop-off events
If you have a working dehumidifier or room air conditioner you’d like off your hands, register for one of our small appliance recycling drop-off events. We’ll mail you a $10 rebate for each one you drop off and make sure to responsibly recycle it.
You can also join the waitlist to be the first to know of any upcoming drop-off events near you.
Replace, recycle and receive $100
We also offer rebates for new ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators, meaning you can get a cool $100 in combined rebates when you replace and recycle your old one.
- Purchase an ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator.
- Apply for a $50 rebate.
- Schedule a free pickup to recycle your old fridge and get another $50.
It’s official. Summer has arrived. Time to heat up the grill, turn up the tunes and get the party started. To save energy and money, try these simple party power plays.
Take it outside
Hosting a crowd indoors can raise your home’s temp and make your A/C work harder. Instead, invite your guests to grab a cold one, head outdoors for the real fun and close the door behind them. And while they mingle, you can relax knowing you’re keeping the party energy up and the indoor temp down.
Grill, baby, grill
Give your oven the night off and your A/C a break. Grill instead. Add some cold sides and you’ve got the perfect recipe for the hottest party on the block.
Let your fridge relax, too. Allow leftovers to cool completely before putting them in your fridge. Doing so helps prevent unnecessary heat from entering your fridge and causing it to work extra hard to lower internal temperatures. Another great idea — opt for beverage coolers that can be filled and wheeled into place outside for partygoers.
Go for glow
Keep a good party going. Place strings of energy-efficient LED lights or solar-powered lanterns throughout the yard to give it a glow. Then, to save even more, add a timer to automatically turn off the lights at the end of the night.
Avoid getting soaked
If your party involves a pool, take a closer look at your current pool pump. It could be draining dollars. If it’s making noise, is shutting off unexpectedly or is more than seven years old, it may be time to take the plunge and purchase a new, more energy-efficient model. We offer a $350 rebate on ENERGY STAR® certified variable speed pool pumps.
Follow these energy-saving tips and your next backyard bash won’t just be fun, it’ll be budget friendly, too.
Learn more about PPL Electric Utilities’ energy savings programs at savewithppl.com
Hot temperatures can impact your comfort and your energy costs. Keep cool and save with these helpful tips from our friends at ENERGY STAR® and rebates from PPL Electric Utilities.
1. Consider an HVAC upgrade. If your cooling equipment is more than 10 years old or needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up, it may be time to replace the system. Get rebates of up to $450 on ENERGY STAR certified cooling equipment through PPL Electric.
2. Install a smart thermostat. An ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat saves energy by adjusting to your schedule and favorite temperatures. You can even control it right from your phone. We offer rebates of up to $100.
3. Insulate and seal air leaks. Feeling different temperatures from room to room? Updating insulation and sealing air leaks can keep the hot air out and improve the efficiency of your cooling system. Save with rebates of up to $700.
Check out more information on our current rebates.
It’s June, and that means summer is here. You can offset the summer heat by incorporating some energy efficient habits into your routine. Here are a few tips to help you save energy and money as temperatures rise.
Take advantage of shade. Blocking the sun’s warm rays can help lower your home’s temperature. Try planting trees or shrubs outside of your home’s windows, or purchase sunlight-blocking shades or curtains.
Keep hot air from leaking into your home. Seal openings with weatherstripping or caulk.
Install a smart thermostat. You can save energy with an ENERGY STAR® smart thermostat by setting temperatures to match your schedule. Leaving for a few days? Adjust the thermostat before you leave home or control it from your phone. We also offer rebates up to $100 for the purchase of a smart thermostat.
Check your HVAC air filter every month. Your heating and cooling systems use more energy than anything else in your home. Routine maintenance, like replacing or cleaning air filters, can lower your system’s energy consumption by up to 15%, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. If the air filter looks dirty, change it.
Use a ceiling fan. As long as indoor humidity is not very high, running a ceiling fan allows you to set the thermostat four degrees higher without a noticeable change in comfort.
Check out our Virtual Home Energy Assessment. A no-cost Virtual Home Energy Assessment is the perfect way to kickstart your energy efficiency journey. Your free virtual assessment includes a phone consultation with a trained Energy Advisor, energy efficiency recommendations, and a free personalized energy savings kit. For more information, visit pplelectric.com/virtualassessment.
For even more tips and ways to save, visit savewithppl.com.