Energy costs are rising. Shop smart and save.
We’ve noticed that the prices of many energy supply sources are on the rise due to external market conditions, including overall inflation. But if you’ve been to the store lately, you’ve probably noticed that prices are going up on almost everything.
Just like you’d shop around for the best price on everyday goods, it’s important to know that you can do the same with your electricity supply. And now is a good time to shop for an electricity supplier as you may be able to avoid or minimize these cost increases.
PPL Electric Utilities delivers your electricity, but we don’t own or operate the power plants where that electricity is generated. In Pennsylvania, you can shop around and choose the electricity supplier that is right for you.
When you do venture into the electricity marketplace, remember to shop smart.
- Beware of variable rates, which start small and then increase depending on the price of power.
- Watch out for deceptive marketing tactics and hidden early termination fees, and always be sure to read the fine print on any contract you sign with a supplier.
- Review your most recent bill to check the price to compare, as well as your current rate if you’re already shopping, so you can make an informed decision on a new electricity supplier.
If you choose not to shop, are enrolled on our OnTrack program, or cancel with an existing supplier without choosing a new one, you’ll automatically pay the price to compare, also known as the PPL default rate. This rate changes every June 1 and December 1 and is updated on our website.
Standard Offer Program
- Participating suppliers offer a 7% discount off the price to compare, at a fixed price for a year, with no early cancellation fees.
- Access your online account and enroll in the Standard Offer Program by December 1 to take advantage of the 7% discount off the existing price to compare.
Choose a Supplier
- Check out papowerswitch.com to find a supplier that offers the service, energy source and price that’s right for you.
- When you sign up with a new supplier, they’ll notify us to make the switch.
For more information and tips to shop smart, visit pplelectric.com/shopsmart.