With summer just around the corner, you may be looking to relocate. Let’s face it- no one wants to pack up and move during the winter. But with longer, brighter days, it’s a popular time to change keys.
Whether you’re a growing family moving into a large two-story, a recent empty-nester downsizing to a quaint condo, or closing on your dream vacation home, we’ve made it easier than ever to start, stop, or transfer electric service on our redesigned, mobile-friendly website.
Before you get started:
1. Confirm the meter number or service address for the home or apartment to which you’re moving. We’ve enhanced our address search so it’s easy to find.
2. Decide which of the following requests works best for your family:
- Start service: You can start service at any address within our territory without stopping service at another property.
- Stop service: Moving out of the area? You can simply stop your existing service and we’ll send you a final bill.
- Transfer service: Stop service at your existing property and start service at a new home with just a few clicks.
You can process a request up to 40 days before you move. And you can even overlap your stop and start dates if you need a little extra time to clean out the old house.
Moving requests only take a few minutes on our website, so there’s no need to wait. Cross this off your moving to-do list and get back to packing!