However you celebrate the holidays this year, either with close family members or furry friends, we want to help you avoid the safety risks associated with the most wonderful time of the year.
Holiday decorating, cooking, and shopping should be enjoyable, not hazardous. Here are a few tips to keep you safe during the hustle and bustle of the holidays:
- When hanging your holiday lights and decorations be sure you don’t overload a power strip.
- Use electrical socket or light timers so you’ll never forget to turn off the lights.
- As you’re preparing a delicious meal, move items that can burn away from the stove. This includes dishtowels, paper boxes or bags from your groceries. Cooking is the leading cause of all winter house fires- so make sure you safety-proof your cooking area!
- We all love fir-scented candles, but keep them 12 inches away from flammable items to prevent a fire.
- As you surf the web for the ultimate gift, make sure you’re shopping with trusted retailers to avoid being scammed. Always be cautious for deals that are too good to be true.
From everyone at PPL, we wish you a safe and happy holiday!