However you choose to celebrate the holidays, either with family members or furry friends, there are many potential risks associated with the most wonderful time of the year. What if you get hurt stringing holiday lights? How can you avoid the traffic jam on the way to grandmother’s house?
Holiday decorating, shopping and traveling should be enjoyable and safe. Here are a few tips to keep you safe during the hustle and bustle of the holidays:
- When hanging your holiday lights and decorations be sure you don’t overload a power strip.
- Use electrical socket or light timers so you’ll never forget to turn off the lights.
- We all love fir-scented candles, but always keep them 12 inches away from flammable items to prevent a fire.
- If you’re traveling to visit relatives, make sure to keep an emergency supply kit in your vehicle.
- As you surf the web for the ultimate gift, make sure you’re shopping with trusted retailers to avoid being scammed. Always be cautious for deals that are too good to be true.
From everyone at PPL, we wish you a safe and happy holiday!