It’s winter storm season in Pennsylvania. Even if you don’t tune into the weather reports, you’ll recognize the signs of an impending storm by the parking lot of your local grocery store.
So how can you prepare in advance and stay safe when a winter storm strikes? We have some tips that will help before, during and after the snowfall.
- Create a household and vehicle emergency kit with all the essentials, including water, food and any medication you take on a daily basis.
- Listen for weather alerts and advisories so you’re not caught unprepared.
- Charge your cell phone and keep a flashlight nearby in case of a power outage.
- Stay off the roads. This helps clear traffic for first responders.
- If you have a generator, make sure to follow our Emergency Tips for storm and generator safety.
- Stay warm and indoors. It’s a great time to pile on the blankets and cuddle up with a good book.
- When shoveling snow, dress warm and limit your time outside to avoid frostbite and overexertion.
- Monitor the weather alerts and advisories before heading out on the road.
The Department of Homeland Security offers even more information on staying safe during snowstorms. Check out their resources at ready.gov/winter-weather.
I want to get ride of verde energy. on my bill.
Good Morning, you will need to call Verde Energy to cancel. Please be sure you are aware of any fees that you could incur by canceling the contract. Verde Energy’s phone number is listed on your bill under your supplier charges. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-342-5775. Thank you!
I love your suggestions & your On Track program
Much appreciate PPL’s updates. I get emails telling me of power outages at or near my home.
I wish the other supplier where I have another house was as conscientious is you are
I appreciate your feedback and tips. Thank you for this news post