The dog days of summer are here, and the temperatures are sizzling. ☀️ No sweat … we’re here with tips to help you beat the heat.
You can save energy and money, even in extreme heat, with our energy efficiency tips:
- Make sure your drapes and shades are pulled down during the day to block the hot sun.
- Wear light clothing and set your thermostat between 72 and 78 degrees. You’ll save energy for every degree higher you can set your thermostat.
- Try not to use large appliances like dishwashers, stoves, washers and dryers during the warmest hours of the day. Incandescent light bulbs also produce heat, so switching to cooler and more efficient LED bulbs is a smart choice.
- Ceiling fans cost far less to use than air conditioners, but only turn them on in rooms that are occupied.
The National Weather Service reports about 175 Americans die from extreme heat in a normal year. Older adults, children and sick individuals are at greater risk from extreme heat.
Here are some tips to stay safe during the hottest days:
- Find a cool place with air conditioning and check on your at-risk family members or neighbors.
- Drink plenty of cool, non-alcoholic beverages.
- Never leave people or pets in a closed car.
- Avoid strenuous activity.
- If you are outside, find shade and wear a hat big enough to protect your face.
Basically don’t use electricity!!! What a joke
SFE Energy called me and said PPL authorized them to change my service to there fixed rate 10.89 to save money on my bill. Meanwhile my rate with on track is much lower, what kind of fool does he take me fot. I turned him down.