Scammers often pick up their efforts during times of high inflation. They’ll tell you that if you switch and purchase your electricity supply from them, you’ll save tons of money. Sometimes, they aren’t being truthful. We want you to stay vigilant and know how to identify scammers, so you can stop them in their tracks.
Some of the deceptive and misleading tactics that energy marketing scammers use include:
- Misrepresenting themselves
- Misrepresenting supplier status
- Misrepresenting facts
- Misrepresenting pricing
- Misrepresenting their true intentions
We want to help keep you and your personal information safe. Here’s what you need to know:
- We DO NOT market or sell supplier services by phone or door-to-door.
- Don’t always trust your caller ID.
- Only return messages and calls from us at our official phone number: 1-800-342-5775.
- Create an online account.
- Update your account with a security PIN or password and NEVER give it to anyone who calls you.
- Keep your email address and phone number up to date.
Find out more details about how to protect yourself at pplelectric.com/scams.