August is prime time for movers. Whether you’re packing up your college student for her first apartment or downsizing to an empty-nester loft, there’s no need to stress about your electricity service. We’ve got you covered with our mobile-friendly website.
At pplelectric.com/moving, it’s easier than ever to start, stop, or transfer your electric service. If you’re a new customer, we’ll automatically create an online account for you as part of your start service request. You can also confirm that your new address is in the PPL Electric service territory, check the status of a moving request, and pay a security deposit. If you’re an existing customer, sign in to your online account or create one in three easy steps to stop or transfer service without having to pick up the phone.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- The meter number or address of your new home or apartment
- The date you’d like to start or stop service
- Basic personal info, like your social security number, to help us confirm your identity
Decide which of the following requests works best for your family and get moving today.
- Start service: You can start service at any address within our territory without stopping service at another property.
- Stop service: Moving out of the area? You can simply stop your existing service and we’ll send you a final bill.
- Transfer service: Stop service at your existing property and start service at a new home in a few clicks.
We’ve made the process quick and simple so you can request service when it’s convenient for you – even if that’s in the middle of the night while sorting through boxes of old baby clothes!