Paperless billing is secure, convenient, and good for the environment. It also saves you time and money. And with the schedule changes that often come with summer, we can all use a little more of that!
With summer vacations and out-of-town visits to friends and family, you’ll never have to worry about receiving a late bill. With paperless billing, you’ll receive an email as soon as your bill is issued, and you can view it online in a few simple clicks. You can even save your banking information on our secure site to make paying your bill a breeze.
And if you’re not 100% convinced, you can switch back to a paper bill at any time, but we think you’ll love how easy it is to view and pay your bill online.
Visit pplelectric.com/paperless today and give paperless billing a try.
Our mission is to provide safe and reliable electric service to power your lives. That’s why we’re always working on reliability efforts, like trimming trees and investing in stronger poles.
Recently, our crews in Monroe County completed a major project to relocate powerlines that were causing reliability issues. The lines ran through heavily wooded areas that were hard to access, making it difficult for us to restore power after storms.
We also added larger and more storm-resistant poles and a state-of-the-art device to help prevent outages.
The project took nearly 1,000 hours to complete!
Want to learn more about our reliability investments? Check out pplelectric.com/reliability and follow us on social media @PPLElectric.
Temperatures may be rising, but your energy costs don’t have to. Keep cool and save energy this summer with these helpful tips from our friends at ENERGY STAR® and rebates from PPL Electric Utilities.
- Consider an HVAC upgrade. If your cooling equipment is more than 10 years old or needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up, it may be time to replace the system. Get rebates of up to $450 on ENERGY STAR certified cooling equipment through PPL Electric.
- Install a smart thermostat. An ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat saves energy by adjusting to your schedule and favorite temperatures. You can even control it right from your phone. We offer rebates of up to $100.
- Insulate and seal air leaks. Feeling different temperatures from room to room? Updating insulation and sealing air leaks can keep the hot air out and improve the efficiency of your cooling system. Save with rebates of up to $700.
For more resources and rebates, check out savewithppl.com.
With summer just around the corner, you may be looking to relocate. Let’s face it- no one wants to pack up and move during the winter. But with longer, brighter days, it’s a popular time to change keys.
Whether you’re a growing family moving into a large two-story, a recent empty-nester downsizing to a quaint condo, or closing on your dream vacation home, we’ve made it easier than ever to start, stop, or transfer electric service on our redesigned, mobile-friendly website.
Before you get started:
1. Confirm the meter number or service address for the home or apartment to which you’re moving. We’ve enhanced our address search so it’s easy to find.
2. Decide which of the following requests works best for your family:
- Start service: You can start service at any address within our territory without stopping service at another property.
- Stop service: Moving out of the area? You can simply stop your existing service and we’ll send you a final bill.
- Transfer service: Stop service at your existing property and start service at a new home with just a few clicks.
You can process a request up to 40 days before you move. And you can even overlap your stop and start dates if you need a little extra time to clean out the old house.
Moving requests only take a few minutes on our website, so there’s no need to wait. Cross this off your moving to-do list and get back to packing!
Last year, employees in our Lock Haven Service Center launched a recycling program for common materials found in everyday shipments. They partnered with other nearby service centers in Susquehanna, Sunbury, and Bloomsburg, to collect all kinds of recyclable plastic with their eyes set on reaching a 500 pound goal.
As an incentive for collecting 500 pounds of recyclable materials, Trex®, a manufacturer of wood alternative products, would provide us with a Trex® bench.
We’re pleased to announce that we met our goal and received our first Trex® bench!
Our employees wanted to share our commitment to the environment, by donating the bench to a local organization where it could be enjoyed by residents of the community. The team decided to donate it to the Clinton County Historical Society, and place it at the Castanea Train Station, which is also the trailhead of the popular Bald Eagle Valley rail trail.
Now, hikers, bikers, and runners can use the bench before or after their trip on the trail.
We’re continuing these recycling efforts at service centers across our territory and hope to donate a bench in each region.
Stay tuned for our progress!